A step towards full link analysis in the browser
11 July 2012
Our long-term aim is to have fully-fledged link analysis in the browser. The first steps towards this have been released today.
The chart has a new graph function:
- Find all the connected components in the chart
- Calculate the distance of all nodes away from a given node
- Find all the items on shortest paths between any two nodes on the chart
- Navigate the neighbourhood (one hop) of a set of items via the neighbours function
- Degree centrality of all the nodes (and in/out degree) can be found using the degrees function.
Disconnected components present a challenge when doing graph layouts. We now have a packing algorithm which packs disconnected nodes and sub-graphs to fill the space available.
KeyLines developers don't need to change their code - the new packing style is enabled by default.